Used Trucks Near Me for Sale: 4 Reasons to Buy a Used Truck
Are you looking for used trucks near me for sale? At Peters Auto Mall we can help! Our lot has a variety of used trucks. In many cases, buying used makes more sense than buying new. Here are four reasons you might want to buy a used truck instead of a new truck.
Save Money with Used Trucks Near Me for Sale
The first and most obvious benefit to buying a used truck is the lower price. In general, you’ll spend less money when you buy used. Often, these trucks are just a few years old with less than 50,000 miles. These trucks are in great condition. You simply are saving money because you aren’t the first owner. Don’t worry: we put every vehicle on our lots through a 125-point inspection. This ensures that there are no problems. Every vehicle we sell is reliable, so you can drive away feeling safe.
Keep in mind that saving on the price of the vehicle is just the start. You’ll also often save money on associated costs. For example, with a pre-owned truck, you typically will save money on insurance. Dealerships will also often attempt to sell you a fully-loaded pickup, complete with many options that you don’t need. When you buy used, you may get some of the luxury features that you want, without paying top dollar for each one.
If an affordable price is important you, our team can help. You don’t have to worry about a pushy auto sales team when you come to Peters Auto Mall. Our sales team treats you with respect. We’ll help you find the best truck for your specific needs. If you want a full-size pickup with towing capacity, we’ve got you covered. On the other hand, if having a light pickup truck that won’t be a gas-guzzler is important to you, you’ll find options at Peters Auto Mall as well. We have everything from work trucks to family vehicles. You can test drive any vehicle on our lot in order to find the best choice for you. Yes, we even have diesel trucks for sale!
Hold onto More Value for a Better Price
To go along with the first benefit, when you buy a pre-owned vehicle, you’ll also hold onto more of the value. In other words, you’ll be able to sell for a better price someday when you’re ready to upgrade.
You may have heard the saying, “a new car loses half its value the moment you drive off the lot.” This can actually be true in some cases. In all instances, a new vehicle definitely loses a lot of its value as soon as you purchase it. You are paying an incredible amount just for the privilege of being the first owner. If you turn around and sell the truck just a few weeks later, you’ll find that the price you can get is much lower than the purchase price.
On the other hand, when you buy used, you retain more of the value. The first owner lost money due to depreciation over time. If they tried to sell it in a month or so, they would receive much less than they paid. But, if you buy a used truck and then sell it a few weeks later, you’ll get almost the same price you paid. Even a few years later, you’ll find that you can get a good sale price or trade-in value for your used truck. Some pickup trucks do retain their value over time. In general, if this is important to you, we recommend the following trucks:
- Ford F-150
- Chevrolet Colorado
- Toyota Tacoma
- GMC Canyon
- Ram 1500
- Chevrolet Silverado
- Toyota Tundra
- GMC Sierra
- Honda Ridgeline
- Nissan Frontier
According to Forbes and Kelly Blue Book, the average vehicle loses 49.6% of its value after five years. Pickup trucks tend to do better, and the trucks listed above are the cream of the crop. A few trucks do not hold their value as well. These tend to be luxury trucks that have more features and a higher initial purchase price.
Understand the Pros and Cons of Individual Model Years
Outside of financial gain, you do get some other benefits when you buy a used truck. Notably, when you buy used, you’ll find more information about specific makes and models. Some model years have specific engine issues or don’t hold their value as well. Other model years end up winning awards because they are so well-made. When you buy new, you don’t really know what you’re going to get or what problems lie ahead.
Even the best sales team in the world won’t really be able to tell you much about a new model year when it hits the dealership lot. They can only tell you what they’ve been told by the manufacturer.
In comparison, the knowledge our team has can’t be beat. We’re happy to answer any questions you have about the used trucks near me for sale. We can tell you the history of each individual truck as well. Therefore, you’ll know exactly what to expect when you buy a truck from us.
At the end of the day, meeting your expectations is important to us. That’s why we’ve been serving the Piedmont Triad area since 1993. We began with one small lot in High Point. Today, we have three lots – two in High Point and one in Greensboro. So, we have a large selection of available vehicles, no matter what kind of truck you want.
Find a Bigger Variety of Available Used Trucks Near Me for Sale
Speaking of variety, when you choose a new truck, you have fewer options available. Typically, dealerships only sell the most recent model years. They might have a small selection of used trucks from trade-ins. However, you may not be able to find exactly what you want.
At a used car lot like Peters Auto Mall, you’ll have many more options. We do get some vehicles from trade-ins. Learn more about trading in or selling your car. However, we also get used cars from other sources. We have a steady stream of vehicles coming to our lots, so you have dozens of options. Remember, all vehicles go through the 125-point inspection before they are available for sale.
So, Which Truck is Right for Your Family?
If you aren’t sure what you want, we can help you decide. Here are a few questions we recommend asking yourself to start:
- How will I be using the vehicle? Will this be primarily a work truck or will I also be using it as an everyday vehicle for transporting my family?
- What amount of towing capacity will I need?
- How much hauling will I do? Do I need a higher hauling capacity?
- Are there certain features that are important to me, such as integrated Bluetooth or a back-up camera?
- Do I want a crew cab or extended cab truck, which will give me a shorter bed? Or is the bed length more important to me at the expense of seating?
- Are the interior and exterior color important to me? Specifically, are there certain colors I do not want?
- Do I have family members who will have a hard time climbing into a bigger truck?
- Is fuel economy important to me?
- What is my parking situation like? Do I need a truck that is easier to back into spaces and parallel park?
- Do I need better traction for winter hauling or off-road driving conditions?
- What advanced safety features, such as forward collision warning and automatic emergency braking, are most important to me?
In general, most people start with deciding if their truck is more of a family vehicle or a work truck. If you’ll be driving your family around town, you’ll generally want a smaller, lighter truck. They tend to be easier for people to get into and have better fuel economy. Keep in mind that even a light truck will still be able to haul items in the bed, such as furniture. Also, you’ll be able to tow small trailers, boats, and even campers.
Some great compact and mid-sized trucks include the following:
- Chevrolet Colorado
- GMC Canyon
- Ford Ranger
- Honda Ridgeline
- Toyota Tacoma
However, if you need ultimate hauling capacity and will be using your truck more for work than as a family vehicle, you’ll want a heavier truck. Fuel economy isn’t as good with these trucks. They are also typically bigger, longer trucks, which makes parking harder in a city. That said, heavier trucks are able to haul more weight, even in less-than-perfect driving conditions.
Some full-sized trucks you’ll want to consider include the following:
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- Ford F-150
- GMC Sierra 1500
- Nissan Titan
- Ram 1500
- Toyota Tundra
We also have GMC trucks, Ford trucks, Ram trucks, Chevy trucks for sale in heavier versions. You’ll want to look for a higher number in the name if you need better hauling and towing capacities. For example, the Ford F-250 is heavier than the Ford F-150. Most of the 1500 or 150 trucks also come in 2500/250 and 3500/350 options.
Why You Should Buy from Peters Auto Mall – The Peters Experience!
When deciding whether to buy used or new, the truck you take home is only part of the experience. Another factor is whether you want to buy from a dealership or a used car lot.
Let’s be honest; pre-owned vehicle dealers sometimes get a bad rap. There’s a perception that all used car dealers are tricky and trying to take advantage of you. We’re busting that stereotype. Here’s what you can expect from the Peters Auto Mall experience:
- A Customized Buying Experience: We know that not every used truck buyer is looking for the same things. We take the time to figure out your specific needs. Even if you are not sure what you want, we’ll ask you the right questions and help you narrow down your choices. We want you to drive away 100% confident that you purchased the best vehicle for you.
- Fair, Transparent Pricing: At Peters Auto Mall, we keep your budget in mind from the start. We don’t overprice our used cars or put cars on the lot that might have mechanical problems. You’ll get a fair price when you buy from us. Best of all, we can help you get financing. We’ll consider your overall budget and your budget for monthly payments to help you find a good deal, regardless of your credit rating.
- Education for Informed Decisions: Our team is ready to answer any question you may have. When you’d educated about your options, you can make a better decision. You can test drive any vehicle on our lot to get a feel for it. Feel free to ask us for a vehicle history report. We’re also happy to share information on any make and model in terms of maintenance.
The difference between us and other car lots is that we put our customers first. We stand behind every vehicle we sell, help you find financing that works for your budget, and provide high-quality service when you need it. Our customers are like family to us, and we hope you join the Peters Auto Mall family soon.