Finding the Best Used Cars High Point NC has to Offer Online
If you’re in the market for a used car, Peters Auto Mall can help you shop from the safety and comfort of your own home. We have a large variety of used cars High Point NC residents will love, from 2-door sports cars to family SUVs. Our entire inventory is listed online for easy shopping. Here are our best recommendations for finding a used car that fits your needs.
First, Start by Determining Your Budget
Here at Peters Auto Mall, we have vehicle options for every price point. Unlike a dealership, which has mostly new cars, we have a much wider range of cars available. This includes fully-loaded trucks like Ford F-150s and luxury cars in the $30,000 – $50,000 range, as well as reliable older cars for less than $5,000. Many of our shoppers are looking for a used vehicle in the $7,000 – $12,000 range, so we have dozens of options at this price point.
When you know your budget from the start, you can make a smart buying decision. It’s really easy to spend too much on a vehicle when you see one you really like. This can backfire, however, if you struggle to make your monthly payments. At Peters Auto Mall, we don’t want to sell you a vehicle that will cause you budget problems later on. We want you to have the best vehicle that will fit your budget and provide you with everything you want in a car or truck.
Start by figuring out the maximum monthly payment you want to make. We encourage you to be realistic about your monthly budget. Sit down and figure out how much of your monthly income you spend on housing, food, utilities, phone, clothing, healthcare, and other necessities. Don’t forget to add in other bills you pay monthly such as insurance, student loans, and credit card debt. Whatever remains is the amount you can potentially spend on a used car. However, we recommend that you also consider other expenses which you can change, such as entertainment. You’ll also want to save some money for emergencies.
Remember, your monthly car loan will also have interest. This rate will vary from person to person based on your credit score, income, and other factors. In general, we can help most people get qualified at a good rate, as long as you have stable income.
Next, you’ll want to determine the amount of money you can pay upfront as a down payment. If you have a car, truck, or SUV to trade in, that value will go toward your down payment. In general, the best financing rates are given to people who can pay at least 20% upfront. However, we can work with you to find financing options even if you don’t have 20% as a down payment. Learn more about trading in your car here.
Once you have a number in mind for what you want to spend, your next step is to get qualified. Even if you think you can afford a certain amount, car financing companies might not approve it. We can help you get pre-approval with no social security number needed. This will not affect your credit score. Simply click the button above and enter your information to get instantly pre-approved.
When considering budget, remember there are governmental fees like taxes and title registration that you’ll need to pay when you buy a car. You’ll also need to pay for insurance and car maintenance costs. The advantage of shopping at Peters Auto mall is that our cars go through a 125-point inspection to ensure every vehicle is in great working condition. However, all vehicles need regular maintenance such as annual state inspections, new tires, and oil changes. You should be ready for these expenses when you buy your next car.
Last but not least, consider the maximum price you want to spend. Just because you can afford a certain amount or are pre-approved doesn’t mean you must spend that amount. You can always spend less! If you are comfortable at a lower price range, we won’t try to talk you into a higher-priced vehicle. That’s why we ask your price range upfront.
Car, Truck, or SUV?
Once you’ve determined your price range, you next want to think about the type of vehicle you want. We have a huge online inventory of used cars High Point NC residents love. However, while you might think you want a car, you might actually want a used truck or used SUV. We have all three options, along with vans and minivans.
Cars have a few main benefits:
- They generally (but not always) are better on gas mileage. This also makes them better for the environment.
- Most cars are slightly less expensive than a comparable model year truck or SUV.
- They are smaller and thus easier to drive and park, especially on city streets.
- You have a wider selection of diverse makes and models when it comes to used cars.
- They have more than enough space for most people, especially if you choose a sedan or hatchback.
- Cars generally have a very smooth ride and fast acceleration. You also have more high-performance, luxury car options.
On the other hand, trucks also have some advantages:
- It’s easier to haul items if you have a truck.
- Trucks can have towing capabilities, which allows you to travel with a boat, trailer, camper, etc.
- Many drivers like sitting higher in their vehicle when driving, so you have a better view of the road ahead.
- Trucks are generally more durable and can handle not only hauling and towing but also off-road activities.
SUVs are a mid-point between cars and trucks. They also have a few unique benefits:
- SUVs are great for families with kids, especially if you have multiple car seats. You’ll get a ton of leg room and room in general, even in the back seat, that you don’t always get with cars or trucks.
- They provide a higher vantage point when driving without the complexity of driving and parking a huge truck.
- With an SUV, you get towing capabilities as well as extra cargo space for light hauling. It’s not as good as a truck, but it is better than a car for storage space.
- Although generally not as good for off-roading as a truck, they are better in mud and snow than most cars. And some models are even better than trucks, as they are specifically made for rugged conditions.
Before you make a decision, you can always take a car, truck, or SUV on a test drive to see what you think. We want you to be comfortable with your choice and take your time to make a decision.
What Features are Most Important to You?
Cars, trucks, and SUVs all come with features based on what the original owner chose when buying the car new from a dealership. They paid a pretty penny for those features, some of which do not significantly affect the price of the used car now that it is being resold. It’s one of the biggest advantages of buying used! You may get some luxury options that you couldn’t afford in a new vehicle.
Our online inventory includes information about all features found on each vehicle. Some of these features include the following:
- Phone Wireless Data Link Bluetooth
- Passenger-Sensing Airbags
- Daytime Running Lights
- Rear-Seat DVD Players
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Telescoping Steering Wheel and Adjustable Pedals (a must for shorter drivers!)
- GPS Navigation System
- Back-up Camera
- Center Console Power Outlet
- Side Airbags
- Heated Seats
- Push-Button Start
- Evasive Steering Assist.
- Auto-Dimming Mirrors
- Multi-Zone Climate Control
- Blind-Spot Alert
This isn’t a comprehensive list. Every model year, dealerships have vehicles with new features. This means that our used car lot sees new features every year too, at a fraction of the price the original owner paid.
Our recommendation is to make a list of the 2-3 features that are most important for your next vehicle. Our sales team can then more easily narrow down the car on our lot that is best for you.
Shopping Online: What You Need to Know
Right now, shopping for your next car couldn’t be easier or safer. While many used car lots are struggling to list their inventory, we have been listing our cars online for years! So, you can rest assured that we put up new inventory quickly and you’ll get great photos and an accurate list of features when you search on our website. The internet price list you see on our website is accurate and we update it regularly with any special promotions or sales going on currently.
Our online search tool allows you to search the entire inventory. You can also narrow your search to our North High Point lot, South High Point lot, or Greensboro lot. We have three convenient locations to serve the Triad area.
We even offer free delivery for your next car if you want to take the car shopping experience 100% online. When you shop with Peters Auto Mall, we’ll bring your vehicle directly to your home, so you can easily complete your purchase. We’re a pre-owned car dealer that focuses on customer service first.
We Have Used Cars High Point Drivers Love – Plus Awesome Customer Service!
What sets us apart from other car lots in High Point and Greensboro is or dedication to you, our customers. We treat every driver as a person, not a dollar sign. That’s how we have continued to grow during our more than 25 years in business. Our motto has always been that we are “Focused on You!” We enjoy being part of the Triad community and we want you to recommend us to your family and friends. Here’s what you can expect from the Peters Auto Mall buying experience:
- No pressure – We want you to feel completely comfortable with your purchase, rather than feeling pressured to buy a car if you aren’t sure yet.
- Time to think about your options – Want to trade in a car? We give you seven days to think about our offer.
- Individualized recommendations – we aren’t going to recommend the most expensive car just to make a sale. We’re going to consider your wants and needs, and then find the perfect vehicle for you. After all, if you drive away happy, you’ll return when you’re ready for your next purchase.
- Complete service department – Our service department is always there to maintain your vehicle over the years. We hope that you’ll keep us in mind for your future oil changes, inspections and other regular maintenance.
- Maximum commitment to selling reliable cars – All vehicles on our lots go through a rigorous inspection to ensure they are in great driving condition. Our service department fixes any problem before we sell a vehicle and we always disclose the Carfax report upon request.
- Transparent pricing – The internet price tag you see on a car is the actual price. We don’t magically give you a larger number when you show interest. Before you buy, we’re also happy to explain all additional taxes and fees that are due.
We’re “car people” in every sense of the word. In other words, we love cars! But we also understand that not every driver knows the intimate details of a car’s engine or understands the differences between model years that look almost the same. So, our sales team is happy to answer all questions before you make a buying decision. We get it; this is a big decision. We’ll explain anything you want to know in easy-to-understand terms. Knowledge is power when you are buying a car.
Peters Auto Mall is a family business. We consider our customers to be part of the family too! That’s what keeps customers coming back every time they need a new car. We guarantee the best car-buying experience in the Triad.
Do you have a first-time driver in the house and need a low-cost, reliable vehicle for traveling to and from school? We can help!
Are you looking for a sweet ride that will turn heads and has all the bells and whistles? We’ve got you covered!
Need to upgrade from a tiny sedan to an SUV that fits a growing family? Our team has just the vehicle for you.
Start browsing our inventory now, and contact us with any questions you may have. If you’re not sure what you want, call us today or stop by any of our lots to test drive some options. We can’t wait to help you drive off into the sunset in the car of your dreams.