Finding the Best Oil Change Specials for your Vehicle
Maintaining your car is important to keep it running properly. Oil changes are an important part of that maintenance routine. There are many questions surrounding oil changes. How often should it be done? What kind of oil should be used? With the oil change specials offered by service stations, it’s easy to consider only price and not necessarily what your car needs. Peters Auto Mall offers oil change specials that cater to what your vehicle needs. With experience servicing virtually every make and model, we know what your vehicle requires. The question often asked is, “What kind of oil should I use in my vehicle?” And at Peters, we know how to answer it.
Oil Change Specials
The basic categories of oil are conventional and synthetic. No matter which you choose with oil change specials – the basic function is the same–to lubricate the engine. The lubrication protects the engine from wear and tear caused by friction of the parts. Although the use is the same, there are some general differences between conventional and synthetic oil.
- Conventional oil is refined from crude oil from wells in the ground, while synthetic oil is made from various chemical compounds.
- Synthetic oil lasts longer than conventional, so the frequency of oil changes needed is less.
- Synthetic oil is mostly used in high-performance cars because it has a higher resistance to heat than conventional oil.
Each of these categories can be further broken down. However, with the various types of oil available, it can be confusing to many drivers. It is always best to consult your car’s owner manual for oil type and the frequency of oil changes. Here is a list of the types of oils that may be offered with oil changes.
- Premium Conventional Oil: This is the standard new-car oil. Conventional oils offer a range of viscosity grades and quality levels. Drivers with regular driving styles that have cars with simple engines will benefit from this type of oil.
- Higher Mileage Oil: With many vehicles lasting longer on the road, this type of oil is good for higher mileage vehicles (over 75,000 miles). The formulation and additives in this type of oil help prevent oil leaks that may occur in older engines and reduces oil burn-off.
- Synthetic Blend Oil: This type is a mix of synthetic oil and organic oil. The blend offers protection for high temperatures and heavier loads. They are popular with SUV and pickup truck drivers seeking oil change specials.
- Full Synthetic Oil: Lastly, this type of oil is made for high-tech engines found in sports cars or upscale vehicles. This oil works well in extreme temperatures whether high or low. These oils are more expensive.
When deciding between synthetic or conventional oil with oil changes, knowing the type that is best for your vehicle helps ensure your car’s performance. The experienced technicians at Peters Auto Mall have this knowledge and can help you choose the oil to best service your vehicle. Our oil changes cater to your vehicle whether new or used. So, stop by our service department today to ask about our current specials or make an appointment for your maintenance. We are conveniently located at 2857 S Main Street in High Point off of I-77 and I-85. See you soon!